Wine winners (a little late)
The 2007 International Wine Challenge champions are:
- Champion Red and Champion Sustainable: Bald Hills Pinot Noir 2005, Bald Hills Vineyard, New Zealand.
- Champion White: Beaune Clos des Mouches Premier Cru 2005, Chanson Père et Fils, France.
- Champion Sparkling (Daniel Thibault Trophy): Charles Heidsieck, Champagne Charlie 1981, Champagnes P & C Heidsieck, France.
- Champion Sweet: Vin Santo di Capezzana 2000, Capezzana, Italy.
- Champion Fortified: Lustau Almacenista Fino del Puerto Cuesta, Emilio Lustau, Spain.
- Champion Sake: Tsurunosato 2005, Kikuhime & Co Ltd, Japan.
- Champion Organic: Hans Tschida, Sämling Trockenbeerenauslese 2005, Austria.
- Champion Biodynamic: Champagne Fleury Millésime 1996, France.
Other major awards presented on the night included the Len Evans trophy for consistency in winemaking which went to Francisco Albuquerque, the James Rogers trophy for best wine in its first year of production (Barolo Essenze 2001, Terre da Vino), Personality of the Year (Alvaro Espinoza) and Lifetime Achievement (Jean-Marie Chadronnier).
Supermarket of the Year was awarded to Tesco whilst Majestic Wine seized both the High Street Chain trophy and the top accolade, Merchant of the Year.