Chuck another prawn on the defib’ would ya mate
An ambulance man placed a prawn on the chin of a patient awaiting electric shock treatment for a heart attack and joked: ‘Let’s see if we can cook this prawn,’ a medical panel has been told.
After the electric shock had been given, Mr Jones is reported to have said: ‘360 joules won’t cook a prawn.’ The Daily Mail reports in full <link>. Mr Jones was dismissed.
While I do have a slight admiration for Mr Jones’ I’m-not-going-to-die-wondering attitude and his commitment to furthering scientific knowledge, the time and place was totally inappropriate.