Archive for the ‘book’ Category
The Millions polled its readers on the top novels and compared it to a list of Pros. I was very pleased to see my personal favourite Out Stealing Horses appear in the Panel’s list. It seldom appears in these lists and it totally deserves to.
I also enjoy Oscar Wao (first on the readers list) but not as much as Out Stealing. The lists contain many good books. Read them.
Here are some of my favourites that are on the list and that I’d recommend:
- Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- Pat Barker, Regeneration
- Paul Bowles, Sheltering Sky
- William Boyd, Any Human Heart
- Michael Chabon, Amazing Cavalier and Clay
- Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep
- Jeffrey Eugenides, Middlesex
- Sebastian Faulks, Birdsong
- Nick Hornby, High Fidelity
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
- Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera
- Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses
- Patrick Suüskind, Perfume
- Tolkein, The Hobbit
I was also pleased to see Tintin and Asterix on the list.
If I took the time I’m sure I could add some, both old and new, but I’m not going to be picky. It’s a great reading list.
Now I’ve gone and done it. My blog stats prove that posting about book furniture in all its shape and forms doesn’t drive visitors. I can’t resist. But this time the post is about things made out of books not things that hold books <links>. Enjoy (please).
Gives light, stores your books and acts as a bookmark all while looking gorgeous. It’s called Lili Lite. Buy them here <link>